This is 5 part tutorial of setup your own WordPress VPS with Digital Ocean:
- Go to your domain control panel. In my example, I use NameCheap for my domain
- You need to point your domain name servers to Digital OceanThe DigitalOcean domain servers are
- After your domain finish propagate, go to Digital Ocean control panel and Add Domain.
- Fill in your domain name, choose your droplet and the IP should be automatically inserted.
- NS and A records will be automatically filled in. To prepend www to your URL, click on “Add a new CNAME record” and fill out the 2 fields.
- Final result
- If you need to set up a mail server on your domain, you can do so in the MX Records. However we will leave this part first until we finish set up the mail server. Please read the Tutorial Part 4
- To change your WordPress installation to use domain name instead of IP address, go to your WordPress admin, access the General Settings. Change your WordPress Address and Site Address into your domain name.
- Try access your domain at now it should be pointing at your WordPress site which is hosted at Digital Ocean.